Top Ten Things Paddlers Should be Thankful For
On my way home from work yesterday, I saw a church marquee which read, "IF YOU HAVE A PULSE, YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR." True, but fortunately most of us are doing a lot better than that!
10) Any free water access you still have
9) All your paddling friends
8) Your family members who don't get on you about your paddling
7) Any time you have to paddle, no matter how little it is-be thankful
6) Your self-rescue abilities
5) Gear that enables you to paddle in cold weather
4) Good roof racks
3) Paddling info at the click of a mouse-gear, weather and surf reports (http://magicseaweed.com/Virginia-Beach-Surf-Report/396/) , clubs (http://www.mapa1.org/), instruction (http://www.americancanoe.org/), gear reviews(http://www.paddling.net/), etc.
2) Carbon, kevlar, fiberglass, gore-tex, neoprene, etc. (No offense, eskimos and greenland paddlers)
1) Staying healthy enough to paddle